An insurance policy is mandatory for all participants on the program. Insurance can be booked through the Work in Ireland Program at time of application and the costs are below.
Please note that one month's insurance covers you for 30 days. Please keep this in mind when entering your arrival and departures dates for Ireland.
For example, if your travel dates were March 14th until April 12th that is 30 days altogether so you would purchase one month of insurance. You must always include your end date when calculating your time. If your travel dates were March 14th until April 13th that is 31 days so you would need to purchase two months of insurance. Please ensure you have adequately purchased enough insurance for your entire stay in Ireland including your departure date.
Your work authorization will entitle you to remain in Ireland for 4 months in total. Please be aware that you are required to have insurance for the full duration of your time abroad including travel time after your visa ends.
Should you wish to purchase alternative insurance, you must submit aninsurance indemnityform at the time of application along with an administration fee of $30.
Duration (Months) 1 2 3 4 5 6 Cost $125 $167 $220 $265 $322 $374 Duration (Months) 7 8 9 10 11 12 Cost $425 $476 $527 $578 $629 $680
How do I apply?
We at Work in Ireland cannot apply for your Visa for you, but we can assist you in your application to the Irish embassy covering your State.
In order to apply for the Work in Ireland Program, please email email@example.com first to confirm eligibility and for the necessary application and payments forms. You must also provide the following documents.
What you need:
2 forms of proof of Identity. This includes:
- One must be a clear photocopy of the personal details (photograph) page of your passport (if your passport is currently valid)
- You then have the option of using a document that has your full name and a photograph example, are Driver's license, Student card from university or International student card such as an ISIC card.
Proof of student status: (a, b or c).
- a) Official school transcript clearly indicating full time status in University for the 2011/2012 academic year, course/degree duration and your current year in that degree/course
- b) A letter from the office of the Registrar clearly indicating full time status for 2011/2012, the degree/ course duration and your current year in that degree/course.
- c) Official stamped declaration from University/College confirming the date you graduated.
- 2 passport photo's (2 x 2 inch in size)
- Should you decide to purchase an alternative Insurance policy, (other than the insurance policy offered by USIT Work and Travel ) an Insurance indemnity form which you can get from the website and proof of your alternative insurance policy.
Please note that once you have submitted your documents via post or email, we will send you your pre-departure pack. The documents that you will need for applying for your visa are:
- We will provide additional information on the visa application via email, such as proof of funds needed, proof of student status, and fees ($337) once you contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply from Abroad
If you are applying for the program from outside the USA, please contact email@example.com for options and additional information.
You must be the following to qualify for the program
- A full-time university student from an accredited college or university in the United States studying for a Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 years duration or post graduate qualification. You must be working towards minimum a degree qualification. If you are graduating, or have graduated, you are eligible to participate up to 12 months from graduation.
- At least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- A U.S. citizen.
Note: Acceptance on the USIT Work in Ireland 12 Month Program is solely at the discretion of Work & Travel Ireland. Your work permit is issued at the discretion of the Irish embassies of the United States of America. USIT Work in Ireland has no say in whether your application is accepted or denied by the embassies.
Where can I work?
The most important thing to remember is that while you are on the program, and your authorization is valid, you are entitled to apply for a job in any profession, as serious you like, or as laid back as you might prefer! The rest is up to you!
You may choose to wait tables or stage plays, apply your marketing skills or business theory or simply spend a summer working in a country pub/restaurant. Each of these experiences will enhance your resume in different ways but all will give you an international perspective, and you will be immersed in another lifestyle and culture.
We at Work in Ireland strive to provide the best possible advice and assistance during your application as well as upon your arrival to Ireland. Landing in a new country can be a strange and scary experience. We want to make your time in Ireland one of the best times of your life. We will provide you with assistance from job hunting; accommodation hunting, understanding the transportation system as well as helping you find the good craic in Ireland! (Don't be shocked! Craic is an Irish word for good fun!)
Program fee was $340, now only $150
- Assistance in application for the 1 Year Working Holiday Visa from appropriate Irish Embassy in the United States
- FREE choice of arrival dates
- Map of Dublin City
- Hostel guide to Ireland
- Pre-departure support
- Discounted fully-comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Participant's handbook with information on jobs, housing, taxes& living in Ireland
- A resource centre in Dublin including access to PC's with free internet, full-time staff who offer assistance with jobs and housing and other living & travel matters while on the program...or just a place to chill!
- Orientation with welcome packs for every participant including relevant tax application forms, travel and adventure tour information and more