- India, Jaipur
- from 1 – 6 Months
- fr €1199
- Not included - €120 from Delhi
- Runs all year
- Info Pack
RequirementsThis program is a great opportunity for young students and graduates who are interested in gaining hands-on professional work experience and/or academic credit from their enrolled college or university in an international scenario.
Maximum duration6 months
What is included?
- Accommodation throughout your stay
- Most Meals (All Vegetarian)
- Orientation on arrival
- Full on site support and assistance
- Optional Yoga Lessons
What is not included?
- Local transport to and from work
- Personal Expenses
Details of tasks
This program will place participants in an internship of their expressed interest for an extended period of time.
Internship Work Placements
Some of the possibilities for these types of placements are listed below.
- Information Technology Work with Indian IT companies in the areas of software development, graphic design and web technologies.
- Finance and accounting Work with financial institutions and accounting firms for a practical work experience of how business finance is dealt with in practice.
- Medical work Shadow primary care physicians, dentists, or other specialists at private clinics or hospitals
- International Trade and Import/Export Get practical experience of how international trade is handled by export oriented companies based in India, which is an increasingly important production centre for international companies.
- Journalism and Media Work at a local newspaper, television broadcaster, or other related field
- Marketing Assist marketing departments of Indian companies with various marketing related activities.
- Veterinary Work at private clinics or animal hospitals providing direct care to animals
- Alternative medicine Learn from and support experts in fields of alternative medicine like Ayurveda and Naturopathy
- Architecture / Engineering Assist architects and engineers in the development of construction projects
- Hospitality Work at renowned hotels chains in various departments of the properties
Social Development Internships
The social development internships are targeted to students or graduates interested in gaining knowledge and hands on experience in areas related to international development, education, or social work. Work placements at the grass-root level will engage interns while working directly with the children, families, and the rural communities. Examples of specific internship placements may include one or more of the following, customizable by individual preference or academic requirement.
During the internships, the participants will be engaged in a variety of activities that are required by the project and these may include:
- Hands-on work experience in the grass roots projects.
- Research work for projects
- Data collection and analysis
- Report writing and project proposal preparation
Areas of engagement
We can place interns in social development projects in the following areas of interest and intervention. The scope of projects is continually expanded on the basis of requirements of prospective interns.
- Public Health Promoting health and hygiene knowledge to communities through awareness campaigns in the form of community meetings, events, and family visits.
- Research and analysis Working with local institutions and families, help lead efforts to track the individuals in a particular area or community with the purpose of evaluating the state of the community on various factors. These factors may include education, health, awareness, public facilities, etc. Such research is then used by local social organizations to identify areas of risk or concern, and directing assistance where necessary.
- Orphanage Work Working in rural or urban orphanages run by non-government, not-for-profit organizations, mentoring and tutoring children, organization recreational events, or providing administrative assistance when needed.
- Women's Empowerment Lead and assist women's groups for adolescent girls and adult women on courses related to conversational English or Computer Education - topics selected to raise self-esteem and confidence and significantly improve the women's professional and academic prospects.
- Primary Education Teaching English/Math to children in under-funded primary government schools or non-profit setup educational programs.
- Pre-School Education Working in Indian Aangavaries - promoting pre-school education and work with pregnant women and mothers of infants.
- Special Needs Education Teaching basic education and life skills to special needs children, in non-profit run schools for mentally challenged children and young adults.
Monday to Friday
- Week 1 Arrival, orientation,travel to the placement area and settling in.
- Week 2 Work introduction and work commencement.
- Week 3 to Week 4 / Week 24 Continuation of work, with fortnightly supervision. Weekends free.
- Last week Report writing, summarizing and getting the work experience certificate.
Jaipur, India: Rajasthan's beautiful Pink City Jaipur was the stronghold of a clan of rulers whose three hill forts and series of palaces in the city are important attractions. Known as the Pink City because of the color of the stone used exclusively in the walled city, Jaipur is one of India’s most renowned tourist destinations for its blend of authentic Indian culture and modern lifestyles.