Work in Canada Programme
Work in Canada Essentials
Heading out to Canada on the IEC Visa Programme, then make sure you get in touch with USIT for all your Canada needs.
With fares fr €409 including taxes*, USIT can get you across the Atlantic without breaking the bank. The majority of our fares allow:
- Free Date Changes
- Full Refunds should you be unsuccessful with your Canada Visa Application
- Book Now, Pay Later facility – pay in full 30 days before departure.
Right now you can avail of the flexible fares to Canada’s most popular destinations – Toronto, Calgary, Montreal & Vancouver! Email us for more info!
* Fare quoted is a one way to Toronto departing in Low Season. Subject to availability.
- 1 year Work Abroad Insurance policy: €299
- 2 Year Work Abroad Insurance policy: only €349 including Free unlimited Winter Sports cover
We offer the most comprehensive Work in Canada insurance cover for all our participants including the highest level of medical cover (€10 million), unlimited winter sports cover and an excess of only €50.
Canada Jobs Service
- Jobs Service- thousands and thousands of jobs available throughout Canada across all industries through your own personalised online tracking account.
- FREE CV Service - dedicated USIT Work in Canada consultant who will convert and design your CV to the Canadian Resume format. Included Free of charge when you book the Jobs service.
- Skype Interview rooms to allow you to connect with USIT Canadian Employers
- Pre-screening for jobs in Whistler, Alberta, Toronto etc.
Canada SIM Card
- Get your Canadian mobile number ahead of time to give to prospective employers in Canada.
Work in Canada Programme €299 Includes €100 flight deposit
This 24-month work permit allows Irish passport holders aged 18-35 to work anywhere in Canada for up to 24 months.
Programme fee includes
- In person Visa assistance by pre-arranged appointment in Dublin
- Orientation - 1 pre-departure in person orientation in Ireland with assistance on all you need to get you started.
- Drop-in Centre in Dublin created specially to provide you with support before you travel.
- Free Printing and scanning services
- Pre-departure social events to meet other travellers on the programme.
- Free Internet access
- Access to a dedicated Canada Facebook group.
- 1 post-departure (in person) orientation in Vancouver or Toronto. For all other destinations the orientation will be emailed to you.
- 1st Night's Accommodation in Canada
- Orientation arrival package: SWAP's Handbook Guide to Canada, local maps, transportation guides/maps, job hunting, tax information, accommodation, discount coupons as well as general information helpful for working in Canada.
- SIN (Social Insurance Number) Assistance
- Free internet & local calls in the drop in centre
- Job & housing board
- Resume and cover letter counselling and assistance
- Mail-drop service
- Document & luggage storage
- SWAP news and social events bulletins sent to all Work in Canada participants
- On-going support, assistance and guidance by SWAP staff in each location
- Social events
- Other local resources (job searching techniques, cultural organizations, language schools and more)
- Emergency support
This is not a reserved place on the 2013 International Experience Canada visa programme.
- Be 18-35 years old inclusive at the time your application is received by the IEC. Your application must be received by the High Commission of Canada to the UK in London on or after your 18th birthday, and before your 36th birthday
- Be a citizen of Ireland.
- Be in possession of either a departure ticket leaving Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket;
- Have the equivalent of CAD $2,500 to cover the expenses at the beginning of your stay, for the first 3 months of the stay
- Medical Insurance - prior to entering Canada, insurance for medical and health care, including hospitalization and repatriation, for the entire authorized period of stay. Proof of this insurance cover must be presented to Immigration officials upon arrival in Canada.
- The above requirements may change for 2013. Full details soon.
For FAQs and application process information for Ireland please visit this link!
Jobs Available in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Apply now with your CV for any of the positions below. Interviews will be held in in the next few weeks.
- Flights, insurance, accommodation & food all paid for
- Excellent Hourly Rate
- Overtime is time and half
- Work 10 weeks on, 3 weeks off (option to fly home to Ireland for each break period)
- Flights back to Ireland paid for each visit
- Work 6 days per week with 1 day off (Mon-Sat)
All applicants are required to submit an original, signed and stamped Police Certificate from An Garda Siochana as part of their application form. This is a Canadian High Commission requirement and there is absolutely no exception to it.
You are also required to submit Police Certificates from ALL countries you have lived in for 6 months or more since turning 18. We would suggest you begin applying for these immediately as these can take time to obtain.
You should begin applying for your Police Certificate as soon as you have decided you wish to go on this programme. Please be aware that Police Certificates from your country of residence must have been issued within the last 3 months.
Please make sure that your Police Certificates are returned directly to YOU. Under no circumstances should they be returned directly from the issuing authority to USIT or the IEC as this will likely lead to them being misplaced, lost or ignored. You should have them returned to yourself, so that you are able to ensure that they are correct, match exactly the details on your passport and so you may take a photocopy for your records. You should then forward them to the IEC along with your completed application forms. Please note that the IEC cannot move forward in the application process until they have all of your completed documents, including your original, signed and stamped Police Certificates - there are no exceptions to this.
Police Certificate FAQs
- I don't have a criminal record. Do I still have to obtain a Police Certificate?
- Yes, there are no exceptions to this. Your application cannot be processed by the Canadian High Commission without the relevant Police Certificates.
- I have a criminal record. Will this effect my application?
- Yes this will have an effect on your application. All applicants that have an offence listed on their Police Certificate(s) will be subject to extra processing and will be required to submit extra documentation. Please email Canada@usit.ie and state the exact offence(s) as listed on your documentation and we will advise you further on how to proceed.
- How do I obtain a Police Certificate from An Garda Siochana?
- Please go to the following link http://www.garda.ie/. Please note that the processing time for obtaining documents from An Garda Siochana varies depending upon a number of factors, we suggest you ask the station how long they think it will take and if you do not receive it in that amount of time contact the station to follow up on it. (Average processing time: 4 weeks)
- My local Garda station says they don't know what this is and/or that I must contact the Central Vetting Unit in Thurles. What should I do?
- In this case we recommend that you kindly point out to the Gardai that their own FAQ section at www.garda.ie under the question 'How do I obtain a Police Certificate?' specifically states that applicants for this must obtain it from their local Garda station. If you would like you can request a sample Police Certificate by emailing email@example.com
- How do I obtain a Police Certificate for the UK?
- Please see the following link, you will need to follow the instructions for the particular country in the UK you were living: http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp. The only accepted type of Police Certificate is the one issued by the ACPO. Please remember that the Police certificate should be returned to your postal address! (Average processing time for expedited service: 1 to 2 weeks; average processing time for normal service: 4 to 6 weeks)
- Does it cost anything to obtain a Police Certificate?
- At present the Gardai are not charging anything for this, however it is at their discretion. If you must obtain Police Certificates from other countries they may charge a fee - this varies from place to place.
- How do I obtain a Police Certificate for countries other than Ireland and the UK?
- You will need to go to this link.
- Can I get my original Police Certificate(s) back?
- Police Certificates, once submitted, cannot be returned under any circumstances. If you feel that you may need one in the future, you should request two copies from the issuing authorities. This especially applies to people obtaining Police Certificates from countries other than Ireland.
Applying for the Usit Work in Canada programme is not an International Experience Canada Visa application and it is your responsibility to book your place on the International Experience Canada programme and to obtain and submit all documentation, including Police Certificates directly to the International Experience Canada.