2 Year IEC Visa

2 Year IEC Visa

Kickstart your career with a 2 year IEC Work Visa for Canada under the guidance of USIT licensed Agent R509339


Flight & 2 years IEC Insurance from €595!
Up to 10 Million Medical Insurance cover.


  • The Canadian Government (IEC) will offer places and this process can take up to 3-4 months.

  • Once fee has been paid the process should take between 6 -8 weeks

  • USIT will reserve your flights and will collect a non-refundable deposit of 100e. Your will have to pay in full according to the ticketing deadlines on your receipt.

  • You would need to start the whole process again and you may not be offered a place due to limited availability.

  • Once your visa is issued no amendments can be made - this is a Canadian Government rule.

  • No – this visa is not to be used a stepping stone to other visas however once you are in Canada we will put you in touch with an approved Canadian Immigration Consultant.

  • Unfortunately you will lose your place and you will need to start all over again.

  • No, you don’t need a job offer to submit with your profile.

  • As an Irish citizen, you may participate in the Working Holiday category only once. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may participate in IEC one more time through the International Co-op (Internship) category.

    If you participated in IEC before 2013 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months in the category of your choice. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2013 are no longer eligible to apply.

  • Yes. You are allowed to enrol in individual courses under any of the IEC categories. The course(s) must be completed within a six-month period. They also must not be part of a program lasting longer than six months, such as a two-year program or four-year degree. If the course or program is longer than six months, you will need to apply for a study permit.

  • Yes. For example, you can get a work permit once as a citizen of the United Kingdom and a second time as an Irish citizen. To do this you need to have a valid passport issued by the country you're applying under, meet all of the eligibility criteria for this country, and provide a letter of explanation in your work permit application that says you are a dual citizen. Your other work permit is under your other country of citizenship.

  • Working Holiday candidates could be in the pool for several weeks or months. IEC will randomly select candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for a work permit. All candidates in the pool have an equal chance of being invited. It is also possible that you will not receive an invitation to apply before the end of the season.

  • It depends on where you are in the application process. Please check with your USIT Agent.

  • Yes. Your name on your work permit should be exactly as it is on your passport. Please advise your Agent.

  • You must submit Garda Clearance Form with your application.
    You may also need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

    For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

    If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.

    have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

  • You may have to get a medical exam because of the type of job you want to do in Canada. Examples of such jobs are:

    Jobs that bring you into close contact with people, such as: workers in the health sciences field Clinical laboratory workers, patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes, medical students admitted to Canada to attend university medical electives and physicians on short-term locums Teachers of primary or secondary schools, or other teachers of small children domestics workers who give in-home care to children. tthe elderly and the disabled day nursery employees and other similar jobs. Agricultural workers who have visited or lived in one of these countries for more than six months during the past year.

  • It is the letter you will receive from IRCC if you have been approved for a work permit. It is sometimes called the Introduction or Introductory Letter. Officially, it is called the Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. The Letter of Introduction is not your study or work permit. Keep this letter. You must show this letter to officials at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada to get your study or work permit.

  • International Experience Canada participants only.
    Your Letter of Introduction will normally be valid for 12 months. If you underwent a medical exam, it will be valid until the expiry date of your medical exam or for 12 months, whichever is less.

  • No. If you must replace your passport after receiving your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction, your Letter of Introduction will not need to be modified. You must tell the Border Services Officer that your passport has been replaced when you arrive in Canada for the information on your work permit to match the information on your new passport.

    If your passport was updated because you got married, please bring a photocopy of your wedding certificate with you to Canada. If your passport was updated because you got divorced, please bring proof of your divorce.

  • International Experience Canada participants who can't get a bank statement may show the following as proof of funds when they arrive at a Canadian port of entry:
    A letter on official letterhead from your banking institution, that is issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada, clearly shows your account balance, is signed and preferably stamped. Bring the original letter provided by your banking institution, not a photocopy.

  • We strongly recommend you wait until you receive your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction before travelling to Canada. If you do not have your Letter of Introduction when you arrive at a Canadian port of entry, you will not get a work permit. The Border Services Officer will decide if you may be admitted as a visitor (tourist). As a visitor, you are not allowed to work.

    If you are in Canada when you receive your Letter of Introduction, you must:

    • leave the country, and
    • re-enter at any port of entry to receive your work permit.

    If you plan to leave and re-enter Canada through the United States, you must meet US immigration requirements. Contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate to find out if you meet these requirements.

  • For International Experience Canada, you must have health insurance for the entire time you are in Canada. The health insurance must cover medical care; hospitalization; and repatriation.

    You may be refused entry if you don’t have insurance. If your insurance policy is valid for less time than your expected stay in Canada, you may be issued a work permit that expires at the same time as your insurance.

  • You can only extend your work permit in very specific situations. Please check with Usit Agent

  • You can only extend your International Experience Canada work permit in very specific situations. For more details please check with Usit Agent

  • If you have a work permit under the Working Holiday category, you can change employers whenever you want or need to.

  • You may be able to apply to change your status from “worker” to “visitor.” We consider tourists to be visitors. Read the Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada guide to find out you’re eligible to change your status; and what you need to do to change your status. You need to apply at least 30 days before your work permit expires. There is no guarantee your application will be approved.