An ITIC is a must have travel card designed specifically for teachers and professors. Since the Teacher card was launched, it has quickly become the most widely accepted proof of teaching status world-wide.
What the Teacher card offers?
The ITIC offers teachers and professors hundreds of discounts on travel, accommodation, sports rentals, retail shops and admissions to museums and cultural attractions. Simply show your card when travelling and you'll receive these special discounts or refer to the discount guide, available with the card or online at http://www.isic.org.
Who is eligible for an ITIC?
Full-time teachers, professors and instructors engaged as full time teaching staff and employed at an accredited educational establishment for a minimum of 18 hours per week and for a minimum of one academic year.
What do I need to apply in person?
- A completed ITIC application form.
- A passport size photo of yourself.
- Proof of full-time teaching status, as defined by your institution.
- A photocopy of your staff card (with picture) indicating teacher status and year of validity; OR A letter from your school bearing the seal of the institution and confirming full-time teacher status plus a photocopy of another picture ID (i.e. driver's license).
- €13 plus additional cost for postage.
- Only original documentation will be accepted.
- No cash accepted. Cheques, postal orders & money orders only.
- Cheques should be made payable to USIT.
- Send applications to: ISIC Counter, USIT, 19/21 Aston Quay, Dublin 2
- Please include a €1.50 SAE.