Volunteer Costa Rica
Costa Rica is one of the most popular and beautiful tourist destinations in the world with its rugged coastlines, majestic volcanoes and heavenly beaches. Our volunteer programmes allow you to experience the culture of this charming, idyllic country while also contributing to various elements of Costa Rican life.
We have volunteer projects in various locations across Costa Rica. You could work with children in a day-care centre or residential facility and provide care and support through creative projects and stimulating play, or you could work in a children’s museum and become immersed in something educational and interactive, while also having lots of fun!
Any green thumbs can put their skills to use in the beautiful Botanical Gardens, or lend their expertise to a local family farm in the peaceful village of Pacquera. Or maybe you’d like to help in the conservation of endangered turtle and monkey species? The option is yours!
Volunteers can stay with host families and experience authentic Costa Rican food while becoming immersed in the country’s culture. On days off you’re free to explore and discover the best of what Costa Rica has to offer.
Project Types Available
- Children’s Museum
- Animal Care and Conservation
- Farm Maintenance
- Botanical Garden Conservation
- Marine Park Project
What's included in programme/project fee:
- Airport Transfer on Arrival
- Accommodation at a home stay or residence
- Breakfast and dinner provided with home stay options (lunch included in certain programmes)
- Orientation on arrival
- Dedicated programme coordinator throughout the project on the ground
- Support from local partner organisation throughout placement
- On-site 24 hour volunteer emergency contact
- All material & resources required to carry out duties in each volunteer project
*Flights, Insurance & Garda Vetting to be booked with USIT.