With over 50 project sites in the area of Kathmandu alone, Nepal is the biggest and most popular Volunteer destination available through USIT. These 50 projects fall into 7 categories listed under the Project Description section.
Volunteers will live and work in the city of Kathmandu while on their placement.
Stay in a typical Nepali Volunteer house complete with Modern amenities and just immerse yourself on a cultural journey in the heart of Nepal.
Work on our various projects- teach English, assist in any other lesson types, implement creative teaching methods or train local teachers in a particular school.
You could also spend time with the children living at one of the Orphanages, help them with their homework or just play games with them! Or perhaps you want to help improve the education of women on one of the empowerment projects or spend time with the elderly?
You can as involved with as many project types as you want while here to find which type of project suits you best.
Project Types Available
- Women Empowerment
- Care for the Elderly
What's included in programme/project fee:
- Return Airport Transfers
- Accommodation at the Shared Volunteer
- Complex – with up to 4 Volunteers per room
- Authentic Nepalese food as per the Meal Plan as laid out in the Programme Itinerary
- Dedicated programme coordinator throughout the project on the ground
- Local Transportation from accommodation to project
- Support from local partner organisation throughout placement
- All material & resources required to carry out duties in each volunteer project
*Flights, Insurance & Garda Vetting to be booked with USIT.