Despite the apparent benefits of large scale tourism, Goa remains a stark reminder of many social issues like poor education infrastructure, HIV/AIDS that still face the Indian society in general. Being offered with a new structure for ensuring a variety of volunteer work, travel and recreation possibilities, the Goa projects is guaranteed to suit large number of people that would like to make a contribution to socially deprived areas while enjoying the famous beaches of this famous destination.
- India, Goa
- From 2 Weeks
- 2 weeks fr €889
- 3 weeks fr €1,099
- 4 weeks fr €1,309
- 8 weeks fr €1,999
- Airport pick up and transfers included
- Runs all year round
- Info Pack
What is included?
- Accommodation throughout your stay
- Pick up from Goa airport at the beginning of program
- Full on site support and assistance
- Orientation and special lectures at the Volunteer Goa camp including a Bollywood film show and talks on various subjects of relevance to volunteers
- Morning Yoga Sessions during orientation
- Visit to local market during orientation
- Bollywood dance classes during orientation
- Dinner with a local host family during orientation
- Transport during the working days for local use throughout the program
- All meals during the working days, orientation days
- Dedicated on-site assistance of an English speaking translator and helper for the first four weeks of the program (including the days of orientation program)
What is not included?
- Garda Vetting
Details of tasks
- Day care centre work with children
- Special education camps and bridge courses to children of immigrant and slum dwelling families
- Computer education to the children for a variety of population segments which may include orphanages, groups of local women and adolescent girls.
Day Volunteer Programme Week 1 Monday Arrival at Goa airport and transfer to Goa Accommodation. Overnight at Goa Camp Tuesday
- to -
Welcome meeting Talks and presentations on India and it’s culture Exciting opportunities while volunteering Social Development and the role of the volunteer How do volunteers work Project activities Personal safety & code of conduct Hindi turtorials Visit to local Market Henna workshop Workshop on Indian Clothing – Saree tying and Turban wearing Morning Yoga session Visit to allocated projects Bollywood Dance class Visit of local Market Dinner with host family Friday Visit to project sites and start your volunteer work Week 2 Saturday Free Weekend/Optional trek Sunday Free Weekend/Optional trek Mon-Fri Volunteer Work during morning and afternoon time for approx. 5 hours Saturday Free Weekend Sunday Transfer to Goa after 20.00 hrs
The state of Goa is India’s most well known beach destination. This former Portuguese colony with its many fabulous beaches offers a distinct cultural experience with it’s own music, food and climate. Our home base in Goa is situated near the Majorda beach in southern Goa. The 30 km long beach is known for its palm trees and silvery sand and is one of the best yet less explored regions