About Volunteer Costa Rica
Our volunteer programmes allow you to experience the culture of this charming, idyllic country while also contributing to various elements of Costa Rican life.
Help create enduring positive results by working shoulder to shoulder with deeply inspiring and resourceful people.
Volunteers can stay with host families and experience authentic Costa Rican food while becoming immersed in the country’s culture. On days off you’re free to explore and discover the best of what Costa Rica has to offer.
Any passport holder can apply.
Need to be at least 18 at time of application.
You must be in good physical health, as you will be expected to participate in physical activities.
- Child Residential Facility in San Jose
- Child Daycare Centre in San Jose
- National Children's Hospital in San Jose
- Emergency Medical Services in San Jose
- School for Children and Young Adults with Disabilities in San Jose
- Society for the Protection of Animals in Heredia
- Marine Theme Park in Puntarenas
- Turtle Protection Project in Puntarenas
- Turtle Protection Project in Parismina
- Elementary School in San Carlos
- Elementary School in Heredia
- Botanical Garden in Cartago
- Association for Children's Rights in San Jose.
- Children's Museum in San Jose
Volunteer Costa Rica
- Airport transfer on arrival
- Accommodation at homestay/residence
- Breakfast & dinner provided with homestay options
- Orientation on arrival
- Dedicated programme coordinator
- Support from local partner organisations
- On-site 24hr volunteer emergency contact