About Volunteer Ghana
Our mission is to provide a complete range of cross-cultural projects and support services to youth, volunteers, students, educators, institutions and gap year organisations.
Help empower communities to eradicate extreme poverty and ensure healthy lifestyle and well-being for all ages in communities. Make a positive impact to the young women of the community and contribute to gender equality and women empowerment.
Eligibility & Projects
Any passport holder can apply.
Need to be aged at least 18 at time of application.
You must be in good physical health, as you will be expected to participate in physical activities.
- Community based childhood centre
- Community school teaching programme
- Educational support project
- Children with disability programme
- Community Summer School programme
- Airport pick up
- Orientation in Accra
- Hostel accommodation while on orientation
- Breakfast & dinner while on orientation
- Traditional music & drumming/dancing activity
- Twi language lesson
- Transfer to local project
- Local project orientation
- Host family accommodation while on placement
- Daily meals while staying with the host family
- Dedicated local programme coordinator