It's a fast-paced department that must adapt daily depending on the needs of the company.
It's core goal is to provide unique and competitive supplier contracts to the various departments within the business along with managing these contracts and supplier representatives daily.
USIT's Product portfolio is one of the largest and most diverse in the Irish Travel Trade.
This internship will provide the right candidate with a unique insight into the workings of one of Irelands longest running & successful travel businesses.
The candidate will get a chance to work alongside every department in some shape of form throughout their placement and in the right circumstances may get the chance to see their own product launch from start to finish.
The candidate will also get direct one to one mentoring from USIT's Product Manager on the inner workings of the company.
- Maintaining existing partner & supplier relations as well as building new ones.
- Sourcing and developing new target markets for various departments.
- Identify public event opportunities and see through from launch to finish
- Update internal systems daily
- Weekly reporting as required.
The following criteria are key to the role:
- Currently studying or recently graduated from a Tourism Management, Marketing, or Communications 3rd level course or equally relevant course.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills
- Professional and Clean personal image
- Energetic and T eam Player
- In depth knowledge or keen interest in international travel
- Driven with high energy levels and a lateral thinker
- Multi-tasking, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and sense of priority
Understanding of how Amadeus or another GDS works would be desirable but not essential.