Interested in joining the USIT team?
Have you previous experience and an interest in working in a retail/sales environment?
Are you interested in a career in the travel business?
Are you eager to learn new skills?
Have you a keen interest in travelling plus any personal travel experience?
Have you a good standard of education, to Leaving Cert. level at least?
Are you open, friendly, energetic and enjoy meeting people?
- Node.js is a must and .NET Core is a bonus
- HTTP, REST and GRPC
- Relational databases - SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- NoSQL databases - MongoDB and Redis
- Message queues
- Frameworks: Serverless, Express, Koa
- Front-end experience is an advantage (React, Redux, Webpack, Babel, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of AWS components a bonus
- Design and develop high quality applications and services
- Own delivery of features end to end, analysis and design
- Investigate new tools/technologies/ideas to promote further improvements
- Promote and enforce best practices and continuous code improvement
- Deliver features into a Node API services, supporting React SPAs
- Support the transition to serverless, micoservices architecture
- Involvement in workflow optimisation/automation projects
- Implementation of CI/CD processes
- Please include examples of your work with your application and a brief explanation of the role you play in each project.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
USIT is Irelands' leading specialist in work abroad programmes worldwide, seeks a dynamic individual to promote the Usit’s portfolio educational, work and travel programmes.
- To be responsible for the promotion and business development of all Work and Travel Programmes including the J1, Summer Camps, Graduate & Internship for the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand programmes.
- To prepare and deliver presentations on the USIT portfolio of Programmes to students and teachers at 2nd & 3rd level institutions across Ireland.
- Be a key interface with the Colleges, Student Unions and Administrators and to build good working relationships.
- To source employers across regions of North America & Australia to hire Irish students for seasonal work. This will involve cold calling, emailing and using other relevant channels to securing new jobs for participants.
- To screen, interview and ensure the supply of “appropriate” candidates in accordance with Employers requests for staffing.
- To be proactive and creative in approach to promoting USIT and to think outside the box.
- To be aware of and counteract competitive promotion on various campuses in relation to all work & travel programmes.
- To recruit, manage & train student ambassadors in key colleges around Ireland.
- To assist with promoting USIT Work Programmes across all digital platforms.
The following criteria are key to the role:
- Proven track record of sales ability and target driven and excellent customer service.
- A lateral thinker who can always find new ways of approaching a target/end result
- Past experience of J1 or Work Abroad Programme
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to deliver in front of large audiences.
- Driven with high energy levels
- Multi-tasking, excellent organisational skills
- Excellent phone skills and ability to cold call
- Self-motivation with a desire to build your own client base.
- Full Clean Driving License (please don’t apply if you don’t have a full license)
- Educated to degree level (preferably in Business/Marketing)
- This position will involve working 4 out of 5 days out of office with some overnight stays.
Please include a cover letter when applying for this role
Please send your application to email@example.com
The intern will receive training in the following: Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media Marketing, Website Content Management, Event Management, Database Management, Marketing Communications and Promotions and Administration.
- To assist the Marketing team with planning with all above and below the line activity through to launch.
- Co-ordinate the design and production of marketing materials.
- To assist the Event & Promotional Team with the planning and preparation of college promotions and information evenings.
- To be responsible for the development & marketing of the youth discount cards including management of social media accounts, newsletters and negotiating of new discounters.
- To assist the Social Media Executive with creating content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs.
- To source relevant content for social media posts including images, videos, online articles.
- To identify and engage in relevant groups and discussions to promote the brand.
- To circulate content via other online channels.
- To identify and bring new marketing ideas to the team through research.
- To provide the marketing department with general admin assistance and to manage the data imputing.
- To provide ad hoc support to the Sales and Marketing departments as needed.
- To negotiate new discounts for student cards and to assist with the marketing & promotion above & below the line.
General Marketing & Administration
- Distribution of all promotional materials to the branches.
- General assistance with event organisation – packing event bags, data inputting following shows etc.
- To assist the Marketing Manager with general marketing & promotional activity as requested online and offline.
- Assisting with the management of campus representatives including flyer/poster distribution & social media activity
- Assist the planning and preparation of exhibitions, information evenings on Work and Travel Abroad Programmes.
- To identify youth events that USIT should attend.
Key skills required
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Sales/results driven
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent presentation and communication skills for dealing with people on different levels
- Hands on/ can do approach
- Ability to prioritise
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Consultant required for our Head Office in Dublin - Competitive salary, fast-paced career plus the best incentives in the business!
USIT is an exciting destination for those in search of a rewarding, varied and exciting career in an established market leading agency. Travel the world from your desk as you send clients to the four corners of the world and enjoy the best incentives in the business to experience it all yourself!
We are very interested in strong sellers who have travelled extensively. So, if is this your first foray into the Travel Industry but you have the passports stamps & sales ability under your belt then USIT is looking for you.
- Selling travel services to target market.
- Delivering a high level of customer service.
- Implementing applicable administration procedures.
- Cash management
- Involvement in promotional events
- Presenting/Public Speaking
- Developing complex itineraries & push out to the market
- Liaise with Marketing & Product departments on promotions
Key criteria for the role
- At least one-year experience in Sales Role
- 3rd Level Qualification in a relevant field; Tourism, Marketing, Business, Communications.
- Proven track record of sales ability and target driven attitude.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills
- Energetic and a Team Player
- High regards for customer service excellence.
- Must be well travelled
Additional but not essential
- Experience of working & travelling in Canada, Australia and/or USA
- Competitive Salary
- Rewarding Bonus Structure
- Educational Travel Allowance
To apply, email email@example.com with a copy of your CV & Cover Letter if interested.