Interested in joining the USIT team?
Have you previous experience and an interest in working in a retail/sales environment?
Are you interested in a career in the travel business?
Are you eager to learn new skills?
Have you a keen interest in travelling plus any personal travel experience?
Have you a good standard of education, to Leaving Cert. level at least?
Are you open, friendly, energetic and enjoy meeting people?
You will have the opportunity to get involved in the whole life cycle of a variety of web projects and to deliver high quality, customer focused technical solutions that meet user and business requirements.
- Develop mobile optimised web applications based on business and usability requirements
- Create quality prototypes on tight timelines
- Use a combination of languages and frameworks to develop websites and web applications
- Assist back-end developers in coding and troubleshooting
- Create scalable and responsive CSS that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Provide website maintenance, optimisation and enhancements
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and apply them to improve user experience
- Promote usability best practices
- Comfortable building scalable, responsive, mobile optimised web projects from start to finish
- Experience using build tools (Webpack, Babel, Gulp)
- Comfortable with version control software such as Git
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience working with Node.js/MongoDB is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS components a bonus (EB, EC2, Cloudfront, S3)
To apply for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
USIT is Irelands' leading specialist in work abroad programmes worldwide, seeks a dynamic individual to promote the Usit’s portfolio educational, work and travel programmes.
- To be responsible for the promotion and business development of all Work and Travel Programmes including the J1, Summer Camps, Graduate & Internship for the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand programmes.
- To prepare and deliver presentations on the USIT portfolio of Programmes to students and teachers at 2nd & 3rd level institutions across Ireland.
- Be a key interface with the Colleges, Student Unions and Administrators and to build good working relationships.
- To source employers across regions of North America & Australia to hire Irish students for seasonal work. This will involve cold calling, emailing and using other relevant channels to securing new jobs for participants.
- To screen, interview and ensure the supply of “appropriate” candidates in accordance with Employers requests for staffing.
- To be proactive and creative in approach to promoting USIT and to think outside the box.
- To be aware of and counteract competitive promotion on various campuses in relation to all work & travel programmes.
- To recruit, manage & train student ambassadors in key colleges around Ireland.
- To assist with promoting USIT Work Programmes across all digital platforms.
The following criteria are key to the role:
- Proven track record of sales ability and target driven and excellent customer service.
- A lateral thinker who can always find new ways of approaching a target/end result
- Past experience of J1 or Work Abroad Programme
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to deliver in front of large audiences.
- Driven with high energy levels
- Multi-tasking, excellent organisational skills
- Excellent phone skills and ability to cold call
- Self-motivation with a desire to build your own client base.
- Full Clean Driving License (please don’t apply if you don’t have a full license)
- Educated to degree level (preferably in Business/Marketing)
- This position will involve working 4 out of 5 days out of office with some overnight stays.
Please include a cover letter when applying for this role
Please send your application to email@example.com