Work for USIT
USIT staff work hard and play hard! Our customers comment on our friendly, enthusiastic and energetic staff, always willing to go that extra mile - with a smile! We are on the look out for the ideal USIT recruits and welcome applications all year round.
Interested in joining the USIT team?
Have you previous experience and an interest in working in a retail/sales environment?
Are you interested in a career in the travel business?
Are you eager to learn new skills?
Have you a keen interest in travelling plus any personal travel experience?
Have you a good standard of education, to Leaving Cert. level at least?
Are you open, friendly, energetic and enjoy meeting people?
Junior Creative Executive
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Junior Creative Executive. We need you to deliver highly engaging graphic design work aimed at the Gen Z market. Working alongside the wider marketing team you’ll be given the freedom to push the boundaries on our brands, producing high-quality and innovative creative on digital and offline marketing channels.
- Creating digital advertising / branding content
- Working with our UX / UI designer creating artwork for use on the web
- Creating offline advertising including OOH, brochures, leaflets and posters
- Prepare concepts / style guides for our different campaigns – including J1, Summer Camp and Australia
- Desirable – produce/edit videos we can use on our social channels + websites
- You’ll be part of the conversation. We want someone who will feed into our campaign ideas and bring those to life through the design work.
- Collaborating with the wider marketing team
- Incorporate best design practises into all creative work, ensuring the complete and timely delivery of all assigned assets
- Stay up-to-date with current design trends and techniques, sharing information and inspiration with colleagues.
- Looking to start a career in graphic design
- Experience with Adobe packages (InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator)
- Video production / editing skills desirable but not essential
- Ability to build & maintain internal & external relationships
- Follow existing brand guidelines and reference relevant material to create new material to support marketing campaigns
- Portfolio of paid or personal work that demonstrates an understanding and enthusiasm for youth culture and travel
- You’re not precious. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t. But we do like to try (almost) everything once
You’ll work for two brands with over 120 years of combined work and travel experience. We function as one unit, the Inspire Education and Travel Group, with most of the team working across both brands, USIT & BUNAC. Our team are based around the world from London, Auckland, and Dublin (and more places in-between). We promote flexible working hours and care more about you than where you are based.
Our core values are: Care with passion / Get it done / Customer first / Total transparency / Your team
You’ll form part of a close nit marketing team that rally together and challenge each other to grow. We love what we do and have a real passion for youth marketing. No idea is a bad idea, and we love to try new things. You’ll work closely with all team members, and we connect almost daily via video chats and depending on where you are based face to face. As this is a junior role, we believe it’s our responsibility to provide you will the confidence to grow and develop your skills at the start of your career. We have +40 years combined experience in the marketing & youth travel industry.
Applications will close on the 10th March. Please send your CV, Cover letter and link to a portfolio of your work to Lucy Lynch, Head of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work and Travel Coordinator - Permanent Contract
The purpose of the position:
To carry out all the administrative duties associated with the swift and accurate processing of applications for Student and Youth Work and Travel Programmes
- Input applications with speed and absolute accuracy
- Timely and accurate processing of programme applications in line with targets set by Programme co-ordinator or Department Manager
- Maintaining excellent level of communication within the Programmes Department, and with staff of other support and sales units
- Supporting other departments, including Sales Team, when required
- To quickly and accurately input information from application forms into the specifically designed Databases
- To approve applications within the strict regulations set down by the programme authorities
- To accurately prepare all applications for the next stage of processing, ensuring that each stage in the application process is correctly logged
- To answer queries from the public, by e-mail, over the telephone, and in writing.
- First thing in the morning, to follow up on any queries remaining from the previous evening.
- To alert your manager to any possible areas of difficulty
- To ensure that your work area is maintained to a very high standard of organisation, tidiness and cleanliness
- To quickly learn the eligibility and general information on all programmes to support those programmes when necessary
- To carry out all tasks as requested from time to time by the J1 Office Manager and/or Head of Operations.
- To assist the programme recruitment team, when necessary, with the sourcing of Employers across regions to hire Irish students for seasonal work.This may involve cold calling, emailing and using other relevant channels to securing new jobs for USIT participants.
- When required, to assist with the screening and interviewing of “appropriate” candidates in accordance with Employers requests for staffing using relevant systems.
- To help plan and manage Employer Recruitment fairs in Ireland and monthly virtual Fairs online.
- To attend and participate in departmental meetings and discussions as appropriate.
- Where workload allows, to carry out any additional functions as requested by Manager which will contribute to the smooth operation of the department.
If this sounds like you apply now via email email@example.com with a with a CV and a few lines about why you would like this role.
Digital Media Internship
- Part-time, 3 months | 24 hours per week
- Dublin or London or remote working
Inspire Education and Travel is the parent company of two of the world’s leading Work & Travel companies, BUNAC and USIT. Both brands were established 60 years ago by university students for students to help young people discover the world and themselves by working abroad. Inspire has ambitious global expansion plans to make these transformational travel experiences accessible to young people globally, whilst 100% committed to balancing profit with purpose.
About the role
We are looking for an energic and creative digital media intern to join the team. With the travel industry ready to bounce back - you'll play an important part in our marketing growth plans for 2022.
What you're accountable for
What you will be working on:
- Assist with any digital media items needed including emails, graphics for social, user flow templates, user research, social media etc
- Assist with the upkeep of websites, eg reviewing content and suggesting optimizing strategies as well as UX and UI improvements to be made
- Assist with the design of landing pages for existing sites and working with developers to see them realised
- Some graphic design support as required
- Assist the wider marketing team in developing ongoing digital campaigns
- Assist with student outreach and Back to Campus campaign development
- Weekly meeting with the team to receive updates and discuss any projects collaboratively
We’re keen to hear from people with the following skills and traits:
- Creative flair, use images and video to showcase our products and inspire our communities
- Someone passionate about Travel and everything digital
- Good with time management and working both independently and with guided supervision
- Enthusiastic and a willingness to learn
- Attuned to Gen Z's and their characteristics & motivations
- Commitment to the mission. We want to work and travel accessible for all young people globally and we’re committed to our values of transparency, getting sh*t done, caring with passion and doing it right.
Salary: €500 per month
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a with a CV and covering letter. If you have questions or would like an informal conversation about the role please outline this in your email.
- Colleges in any of the main Irish cities
USIT.ie and its sister company in the UK BUNAC.org were both established 60 years ago by university students for students to help young people discover the world and themselves by working abroad.
After recent investment to reinvigorate BUNAC & USIT’s brand, values and strategy, we are looking for representatives to act as the USIT point of contacs on campuses whilst increasing the profile and awareness of USIT products, J1, and work and travel programs and other services to students and staff.
Who we need
Have you a keen interest in Travel? Why not get involved with Ireland’s leading Student and Youth Travel Company? Working only a few hours each week this opportunity will enable you to build your CV while gaining valuable work experience in marketing, promotions and the travel industry. We are looking for a number of people to fill positions in colleges all over Ireland.
- Increase awareness of USIT products and services during the college year, through ongoing promotions via postering and leaflet distribution on and off campus
- Assist at road shows and promotions on campus for J1 and other Work and Travel products
- Identify key events in your college for USIT to attend and/or sponsor
- Represent USIT on campus at events
- Generate ideas for promoting USIT products and services on your campus
- Ensure regular feedback to the Marketing Dept. through bi-monthly reports
Ideal candidates will have/be:
- Interested in travel and marketing - experience travelling abroad is essential
- Promotional experience is a plus
- Approachable, outgoing, enthusiastic and energetic
- Willingness to assist in various promotions throughout the academic year
- Ability to take initiative and work as part of a team
- Ample time to dedicate to fulfilling the tasks above
Details of remuneration can be provided on request
If this sounds like you apply now via email email@example.com with a with a CV and a few lines about why you would like this role. If you have questions or would like an informal conversation about the role please outline this in your email.