Thank you all so much to the hundreds of brilliant applications to become our J1 Thailand Travel Ambassador. Your talent, creativity and personalities really shone through and we were genuinely amazed by the standard of entries. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to reply to all applicants but we can confirm that the position has now been offered and accepted. We will be featuring our new Travel Ambassador on the blog next week!
Think this is a one-off thing? You might be wrong…watch this space!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to travel to Thailand as a highly-skilled and not so dangerous USIT Travel Ambassador and report back your findings. Interested? Good, then let’s talk specifics…
“We’re sending one wanderlust explorer, armed with just a GoPro and an infectious personality to Thailand this June”.
- We are looking for a fun, energetic Irish applicant
- A complete travel addict
- We’ll send you to paradise of Koh Samui, Koh Tao and even take in a legendary Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan
- Armed with a Go Pro and a dream team of fellow Irish travellers, we want you to have as much fun as is possible as you show us why Thailand is the ultimate travel destination
- You’ll share the beaches, the stories, the people and the beauty of Thailand through USIT’s social media channels and website.
- You’ll post regular updates on your trip via our Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter channels
- You’ll write a column on USIT’s website detailing your adventure
- You’ll open a digital window to paradise for everyone to see
The Perfect Candidate Will…
- Have an irrepressible appetite to travel and experience new things
- Have a fun-loving and outgoing personality comfortable being in front of and behind a camera
- Possess excellent writing and communication skills
- An ability to work to short deadlines
- Be a natural born story teller
- Be highly creative and understand how to hold viewer’s attention
- Hold a valid passport, a clean criminal record and be available to travel from June 2nd 2017
- Be an avid solo traveller not afraid to get out there and meet new people
- Be over 21 years of age at the time of departure
- A personal blog (travel or otherwise) is not a requirement but will be seen as an advantage
How Do I Apply?
- A dream assignment needs a dream candidate
- To apply please submit a video to email@example.com explaining why you should become our 2017 J1 Thailand Ambassador (max 90 seconds)
- You’ll also tell us where’s your favourite place you’ve been so far and why
- Past video projects can also be submitted to enhance your application
- Submissions can be made via WeTransfer or Dropbox (please include your full name in the filename)
- Deadline for submissions is the 5th May 2017
Need some inspiration? See below:
We can’t wait to hear from you! Best of luck to all applicants.
The J1 Thailand Team