2 Year Canada IEC Programme NOW OPEN for 2020!
CANADA 2 YEAR IEC VISA PROGRAMME IS NOW OPEN! To celebrate, we’re giving €100 off all our Canada IEC packages. Just use promo code CANADA100
Here is all you need to know about how to get your Canada 2020 Visa!
What is the International Experience Canada (IEC) Programme?
The two-Year International experience Canada (IEC) programme is a youth mobility programme that allows eligible participants holding a passport from an eligible country (shown below) the opportunity to Work & Travel in Canada for up to 2 years in the working holiday visa category.
The working holiday category is designed for Irish citizens who intend to travel to Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their trip for up to 24 months. The Visa process itself can usually take from 6 – 8 weeks but visa processing timeframes and visa decision are entirely up to the Canadian emigration department. This programme allows participants an open work which allows a person to work for most employers in Canada.
The IEC Category is for you if…
- Aged between 18- 35
- You don’t have an offer of employment yet (just means you don’t need to have an employer already top get the visa, you can enter without an employer and set up with a job when you are there)
- You want to work for more than one employer in Canada
- You want to work in more than one location
- You’d like to earn some money so that you can travel
- Hold an eligible passport from the eligible country list below
- Will be travelling with no dependents
IEC Visa Eligible passport holder list
If you hold a passport from one of the below countries, you are eligible to apply for the IEC working holiday visa, if not, it does not mean that there is not a visa available to you but you will need to check out your options directly through the Canadian emigration department or embassy
Australia, Austria, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine.
What do I need upon entry to Canada?
- Valid 24 months health & travel Insurance policy to cover your full permitted time in Canada. You will need to show the policy certificate showing the details of your policy to customs official upon entry. Please note that without this, you could be refused entry from Canada or if you have a policy which covers you any less then the 2 years, you may be only given a visa to permit you entry up to your policy deadline date.
- Proof of funds – You need to show proof of funds of CAD$2,500 or equivalent in other currency. The best thing to have is a bank statement in your own name, clearly showing the funds in the account and showing you have access to that account.
- You must have a Round trip ticket or proof of extra financial resources to purchase a departure ticket for the end of your authorized stay in Canada
- Valid IEC visa – this is a document you will have once granted
For more information on how to get your Canada 2020 Visa head over to our website!