Recently graduated in teaching but still feeling the urge to travel? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you to advance your career and satisfy your wanderlust at the same time!
More and more Irish teachers are choosing to pack their bags and gain international experience on USIT’s Teach in New Zealand Working Holiday Programme! Why? The teaching shortage in NZ has now officially become a crisis and the demand for qualified primary and secondary school teachers across beautiful New Zealand is currently sky high with incredible salaries!
We’ve been helping Irish people relocate to New Zealand for years and in all that time there has never been such a high demand for teachers with schools are struggling to fill permanent roles.
Primary and secondary school teaching qualifications are among the most sought after in New Zealand right now, with Irish candidates having an incredible opportunity to further their careers while having the adventure of a lifetime in one of the world’s most beautiful and welcoming countries. Not to mention the lack of any language barrier or culture shock that often presents Irish graduates with difficulties teaching abroad elsewhere. There is also high demand for Early Childhood Teachers and Sign Language/Special Education.
As if you weren’t already convinced, you may be eligible for the ‘Overseas Relocation Grant’ of up to $5 000.00 NZ if you meet the following criteria:
- All teachers applying must have secured employment of 12 months or longer at a state or state-integrated school. They can only receive the grant once in a five year period.
- A role must either be a full-time position in a state or state integrated school, permanent or fixed term for one year and in a shortage subject or area.
- Teachers should apply for the grant within three months of employment in New Zealand.
The grant will be paid in two instalments – 50% after 10 weeks and 50% after 40 weeks of teaching.
To celebrate this amazing opportunity for Irish teaching grads, we will be hosting a FREE Info Night on Thursday, February 21 at 6 PM.
What Will We Cover?
- Eligibility Requirements & Visa
- Types of roles available
- City Guides
- Costs – everything from the visa to your flights and insurance
- New Zealand Hot Spots
- Dates of departure
- Full Q&A with our New Zealand Team
You can also register your interest on our website and receive one-to-one guidance to help you decide on New Zealand and the benefits of the programme itself.
Not all courses are eligible for this programme so make sure you check out Overseas Teaching Qualifications Exempt from Assessment.
Email us email@example.com or call (01) 602 1906 for more